Tuesday 15 January 2013

SIX Important points every aspiring entrepreneur must understand to identify their calling and build a true startup brand based on their strength and creativity… Dreamwaker FOUNDER and CEO Ashon Justin Tells on how it all began.



People underestimate their capacity for change. There is never a right time to do a difficult thing. A leader’s job is to help people have a vision of their potential…John Porter

An important point of branding is understanding what your brand stands for and being able to pass that message both within your brand and to consumers/customers in everything you do. Branding is more than a product and a name because brands outlive products. A brand shows quality, credibility, experience... A brand blends and is adaptable but it never looses its identity. What better way to have fun and not loose your brand identity than building a brand based on your strengths because most times its hard to forget who you are

This is not just about building a brand for profitability but building what you stand for; building a brand that would stand the taste of time: When you build that business around your strengths, with focus and determination and for us Christian’s prayers it’s hard to fail Because it’s hard to forget who you are.
I realized late, that I was good with ideas and out of nowhere I became “the entrepreneur”, but better late than never. Well, I realized at the right time. You could follow my steps.


My Dad always says, “Justin never loses hope, no matter what comes his way” I always saw possibilities, I never settled for what I heard, I always found a way around every single obstacle. In worrying situations, I always had this calm. I worked with a few people on certain projects and realized business and speaking was easy for me. I enjoyed working on Strategies and most importantly I loved listening to people talk about business and their dreams, it gave me great Joy, I had read lots of books, I had principles which kept me going that I felt I could share, I was mostly drawn to business and inspirational books. And had a large ambition, good fashion taste, music, class, voice and aura.

Before I started Dreamwaker, I had worked on over 10 different business ideas, written proposals with innovative marketing solutions for myself and given advice to a few friends and family members. So I thought, though it came naturally: they are a lot of people out there with no idea of how to make it, they are people with ideas that needs creativity, development and funding, people that need to be encouraged, people that need solutions and innovation. Then the name Dreamwaker appeared. So with this, Dreamwaker had to be for individuals and businesses, because I could also contribute to business development which I realized through the business ideas I had worked on for my own dreams. I also realized I had ideas on social development and improving the economy. I knew I had the complete tool: to improve the economy, you need personal development and Business development and also to work on these two factors, you also need an enabling economic environment. I could decide to work on three different startups but it struck me, voila!!! Add up all my ideas and initiative together, and so Dreamwaker’s economic solution department was born.
Some of my friends say Dreamwaker is an irony because I am a dreamer but the truth is I am the realist, the world has just blinded a lot of people. Now, to awaken you need to dream, but the trick is not getting lost. Now when you act what happens? You face obstacles…This formed the backbone of our first slogan…We help you dream, we bring your dreams to reality and if YOU face any obstacles on the way, we create a way, giving all limits less.

What do we do?
We awaken dreams, we create possibilities, and we help people give their limits less.
And at the end: Dreamwaker is a brand developer, business advisor, and innovative solutions provider for individual, business and economies. And with sincerity and creativity, I got another hit slogan. We add BIG to dreams, PATH to ways, DIFFERENCE to destination and CAPABLE to you. And this is really what I do to me AND WHO I AM. I dream big, all my ideas are for a lot of people too BIG, I see possibilities, I believe in innovation and after a few minutes with me, you become a better and changed person.

And as a serial entrepreneur I just couldn’t keep my hands on one particular project and I grew up knowing a lot, fortunately for me: From fashion to health AND MORE. And as an individual who most times refuses to accepts the norm, I had to create a name for me out of the usual negative saying…THE JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF ONE “SUCCESS”

I identified what I enjoyed doing, What gave me spark,  what I could get sick without doing, what I stuck my nose into, others agreed to it, with creativity I created a name, I picked my core values and created my startup. I gave myself a title that wasn’t conventional and i took the bold step, starting…This is funny but part of the reason I entered into a relationship with an ex was as a friend she threatened to never talk to me again, I just had to help her with her dreams that I jumped in, yea with the normal emotions but you get the message. Note that I have tried business before and failed but it is not the end of the world, it makes a good story when you truly know who you are and keep moving.

Focus on your strengths and to do this:
  1. Find out what childhood acts you enjoyed the most: AT 6-7years old, I made well designed books with word puzzles and games for kids my age, reproduced (handmade) about 5 exact copies and put them up for sale. Although I sold none, most early signs give an idea of where your strengths lie. Majority of us, enjoyed playing with sands and running around laughing, that’s not it. Where you the head of the kids you played with, organizing and initiating discussions? These are signs you should look out for, both for you and your kids.
  2. Find out what excites you: I just couldn’t do without ideas, either working on them or hearing others share theirs plus My ambition was just so large. Opportunities are everywhere, just look and you would find something to relate to.
  3. Relate your desires to a business field/ solving a particular problem: “I see possibilities, I could help with solutions, business, individual and economic development”
  4. What do others say, What do others rely on you for
  5. Give yourself/business a unique name
  6. Identify moments when you stand out from every one else, identify what comes to you naturally.
I just turned me into my startup, how could I ever forget what we stand for? Hope this has been helpful…

TAGS, BRAND, CREATIVITY, IDENTIFYING YOUR STRENGTHS, INNOVATION

2 comments:

  1. Thank
    you for this, been hard finding an example like this. Funny, revealing
    and very educative. Makes for a very nice reading. Would definitely
    apply this and look forward to more posts. thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like the post. Do suscribe to my feeds and for other inspiring and educative materials do like our startup's page. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete